Battle Creek Academy
Battle Creek Academy History:
Only six years after the American Civil War ended, the Seventh-day Adventist denomination made a choice to begin its first official church operated school. The roots of this family oriented educational system were planted here in Battle Creek, Michigan, as it opened its doors on June 3, 1872, with just twelve students.
Among the first students to attend the school were sons of early Battle Creek residents who included: James Edson White, John Harvey Kellogg, Clarence White and William Keith Kellogg. These young men matured into community, church, and world leaders.
Now, still rooted in the belief that a Christian school is meant to be an extension of the family, Battle Creek Academy imparts excellence in education and Christian values to its students in Kindergarten through the 12th Grade.
In the 21st century, with more than 5,000 Seventh-day Adventist educational institutions spanning the globe, Battle Creek Academy’s vision remains that of inspiring every student with a passion to willingly consecrate every faculty to the service of Jesus Christ, and thereby provide an army of competent youth to spread the Third Angel’s Message with power, ushering in the Second Advent of Christ.
Like our pioneers, we have wholeheartedly embraced our mission to produce a complete student to deliver a complete message of the Gospel wherever life may take them.